INDIAN SPACE RESEARCH ORGANISATION
Department of Space, Government of India
ISRO CENTRALISED RECRUITMENT BOARD(ICRB)
OF SCIENTIST/ENGINEER ‘SC’ WITH BE/B.TECH OR EQUIVALENT DEGREE IN
ELECTRONICS, MECHANICAL AND COMPUTER SCIENCE
- 1. Indian Space Research Organisation [ISRO]/Department of Space Centres/Units are engaged in Research and Development activities in development of Space Application, Space Science and Technology for the benefit of society at large and for serving the nation by achieving self- reliance and developing capacity to design and build Launch Vehicles and Communication/Remote Sensing Satellites and thereafter launch them. ISRO strives to serve the nation in the areas of television broadcast, Location based services, telecommunication, meteorological application and in management of our natural resources. The Indian Space Programme continues to pursue successful goals on all fronts in meeting the objective of achieving self-reliance in space technology and its applications for national development.
- Scientist/Engineer SC – Electronics (Code : BE 001) : 35 posts
- Scientist/Engineer SC – Mechanical (Code : BE 002) : 35 posts
- Scientist/Engineer SC – Computer Science (Code : BE 003) : 10 posts
2. The future ISRO programme envisages development of cutting edge technologies for reusable launch vehicle, development of advanced technologies for Human Spaceflight Programme, advanced high efficiency semi-cryogenic propulsion engine, advanced communication satellite, air breathing propulsion, satellite based navigation system, hyper spectral imaging sensors, lunar & planetary exploration etc.
3. Challenging opportunities exist at ISRO to undertake development of innovative technologies and establish the advanced technical infrastructure needed for space exploration and beyond.
4. ISRO offers the position of Scientist/Engineer ‘SC’ in Level 10 of Pay Matrix to the young graduates in the following engineering disciplines :-
- BE/B.Tech or equivalent qualification in first class with an aggregate minimum of 65% marks or CGPA 6.84/10 (average of all semesters for which results are available). The qualification prescribed and the benchmark are only the MINIMUM requirement and fulfilling the same does not automatically make candidates eligible for Written Test.
6. Age Limit:
- 35 years as on 05/10/2017. Central Govt Servants, Ex-Servicemen and Persons with Disabilities are eligible for age relaxation as per Govt. of India orders. Meritorious Sportspersons are eligible for age relaxation as per Govt. of India orders.
- The application for on-line registration will be hosted on the ISRO web-site between 15/09/2017 and 05/10/2017. Candidates may visit our web-site at www.isro.gov.in to register their applications on-line between 15/09/2017 and 05/10/2017. The candidates registered under National Career Services (NCS) portal and fulfilling the eligibility conditions may visit ISRO website and follow the application procedure as stated. Applications will be received on-line only. Upon registration, applicants will be provided with an on-line Registration Number, which should be carefully preserved for future reference. E-mail ID of the applicant will have to be given in the application compulsorily. The on-line application has to be invariably followed-up with a ‘No Objection Certificate’ from the employer concerned, by those already in employment under Central/State Government, Public Sector Undertakings or Autonomous Bodies, duly indicating the name and Reg. No. on the reverse.
- If candidate desires to pay application fee immediately then he on submitting application will be shown a web page displaying registration number. On same web page, there exists “Make Payment” button which candidate may click and follow the payment process as outlined below
- If the candidate wants to pay application fee later, he can pay the fee before closure of the advertisement by accessing the link “Make Payment” link available in advertisement page. Candidate has to provide his registration number, Date of Birth and later click on the “Make Payment” button and follow the payment process as outlined below