Mail, the password from Facebook to Amazon is saved in the browser, if you forget it can be obtained by following these simple steps
- Your web browser may have multiple passwords saved
- You need to know about this password to avoid data theft
Some people may be using the company’s laptop or desktop due to work from home in the current coronal period. Naturally, you may have saved everything from personal social media accounts to shopping app passwords. It is important to know where this password is saved. Even if you forget your password, you can avoid data theft and hacking.
When working on Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox or any browser, you are asked to save your password when logging in to social platforms including Facebook, Gmail. If you have saved a password, it will be saved in your browser. It needs to be deleted. Because if someone else uses your laptop or desktop, there is a risk of data theft.
There may be a long list of passwords
The browser saves passwords for social media, LICs and e-commerce accounts, including Twitter and Facebook. If you use Google Chrome, you can follow these steps and see the password and delete it.
First, open Google Chrome’s settings.
- Now click on the Password section. Or search by typing Password in its search settings.
- Click on the arrow icon that appears in front of the password.
- Now scroll down and you will see a list of all saved passwords.
- All the passwords in this list can be seen in the dot, the password can be seen by clicking on its eye.
- You will only be able to see the password if you have to submit the system password.
- You can see the saved password only by submitting the main password of the laptop or desktop. These steps seem to work a lot when you forget a password. However, saved passwords can be dangerous if someone else knows your system’s passwords.
This is how to protect a password
- Keep the main password of your laptop or PC very strong. Add numbers, alphabets and special characters.
- Be aware of the risk of data theft when the browser asks you to save a password.
- Offer to save passwords and turn off Auto Sign-in by going to Password in Google Chrome settings.
- You can also use the MasterPassword for chrome Google extension for Chrome’s safety