The Central government on Sunday released the guidelines for the fourth phase of lockdown guidelines in India tommrow. The lockdown 4.0 guidelines had given more relaxations to states in comparison to the previous guidelines of Lockdown 3.0. In a televised address to the nation recently, PM Modi had said that lockdown extension will happen after the end of Lockdown 3.0. The demands and expectations of states on lockdown extension had been mixed- with some demanding the extension while others are in favour of opening up businesses in non-containment zones. Now, the delineation of red, green, and orange zones will be decided by the respective State/Union Territory governments, after taking into consideration the parameters shared by the Ministry of Health and Family Welfare, the Home Ministry said. The total number of Corona positive cases in India is 96,169, including 56,316 active cases, 38823 cured/discharged/migrated cases, death toll 3029 deaths. As many as 120 people died in the last 24 hours.
Speaking to India TV on lockdown 4.0, Gujarat Chief Minister Vijay Rupani said that the relaxations during the next phase of lockdown will be based on two criteria; containment zone and non-containment zone with conditional permission to resume public transport, opening of private offices, shops outside containment zones.
“All industrial and commercial activities will be allowed in non-containment zones. Restriction will be based on containment and non containment zones,” he told India TV.
Ahmedabad and Surat will have a different set of rules as the numbers of cases in both the cities are high, he said.
Rupani said that he had a wide discussion with wholesale association, chamber of commerce, industrial association, retailer associaion, diamond associaion, textile associaion to start economic activity in the state.
Shops in the state will be opened on the basis of Ai-Becky in shopping complexes and markets like Delhi’s Odd Even Style.
What is open?
1. In containment zones, shops selling essential items will remain open from morning 8 am to afternoon 3pm.
2. All shops and businesses will be open in non containment zones from 8 am to 4pm.
3. Auto-rickshaws allowed, except in Ahmedabad and Surat, with a maximum of two passengers in each auto.
4. Market and shops to be opened on odd-even basis and at no time more than five people should be in any shop.
5. Areas outside containment zone on the ..
6. State transport buses will start across the state except in Ahmedabad due to high number of cases
7. Marriages with 50 people and funerals with 20 people
8. Paan Cigarettes shops.
9. Public libraries .
10. Cab aggregators with driver plus two passengers are allowed, except in containment areas and in eastern Ahmedabad.
11. Haircutting salons.
12. Home delivery for restaurants
13. Private offices with 33 percent attendance.
14. All repair shops garages outside containment zones.
15. Textile markets in Surat outside containment zones on odd even basis.
16. Diamond industry to be opened with 50 percent staff.
What is not
1.Schools and colleges.
2 Gyms and swimming pools.
3. Shopping malls.
5. Religious places.
6. Cultural events.
7. Buses, except in the containment zones.
8. People living in containment zones will not be allowed to go out for work.